Sunday, November 21, 2010

Handmade Christmas

It seems the older I get, the more I appreciate handmade items, especially during the holidays.  In my 20's, flush with career success I would decorate via department stores. It felt wonderful to look at a tree and say "I want mine to look exactly like that!" and buy all the decorations right there.

Times have changed, and so have I.  I want my tree and my home, to be unique. The thought of someone walking into my home and thinking " oh she got decorations from Dillards/Macys/Penneys" is horrifying.


Its a bit late, but I will be showcasing a few really cool items, mainly found on Artfire and Etsy from now until Christmas. Maybe you will love something so much you just have to have it, or maybe it will inspire you to make something of your own this holiday season.

<3, Michelle & Dougal

No comments:

Post a Comment